Get a Library Card
Library cards are free to Lexington County residents and property owners.
To register for your card, visit any library branch and complete an application. You will need a photo identification and proof of residency. You can also register online for a library card. Non-resident property owners must provide a current property tax receipt. Non-residents who do not own property in Lexington County can get a library card for a yearly $35 fee.
Acceptable proof of residency is a valid driver’s license with current address or a photo identification and one of the following:
- Lexington County property tax receipt with current address
- Vehicle registration or insurance card with current address
- Utility receipt in person’s name
- Rent receipt (with address) in person’s name
- Printed check with current address
- Cancelled mail to current address
- Voter registration card
For minors under the age of 15 a parent or legal guardian must sign the application.