Internet & Printing
We have open access WiFi available at all of our locations. If you need help, feel free to ask one of our friendly librarians.
Patrons with accounts in good standing may have up to 3 one-hour computer sessions per day. The card that is being used for internet access should not have fines or fees above $5. All users must follow the library's Internet Access Policy.
- All removable devices must be scanned for viruses by library staff prior to their use.
- Those without a valid library card who want to use the internet are encouraged to get a card. If they do not wish to get a card, they may use the computers as a Guest and are allowed a one-hour session per day. Staff may ask for identification to verify that the guest user is 18 years old or older.
- A parent or legal guardian of children under the age of 18 must sign the Internet Agreement form to allow minor children to access the internet. Children under the age of 18 may use their own library card or the card of their parent, legal guardian or adult family member over 18 years old. Likewise, an adult family member may use the card of a spouse or other adult family member over 18 years old to use library computers.
- Library staff will assist internet users in a manner consistent with other library services. The availability of staff and needs of other library users will necessarily affect the extent of assistance in internet use.
To assure parental guidance in children's use of internet in the library:
- In order to access the internet, children 12 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, adult family member over 18 or teacher who remains with the child at the computer during the entire time the child is accessing the internet.
- Children 13 through 17 can access the internet on their own. Their parent or legal guardian must have given them signed permission on the Internet Use Agreement. Children who arrive at the library without a card may have their internet use permission verified in the patron database. They need to show proper identification.
- If internet computers are shared by two or more children ages 13 through 17 without a parent or legal guardian present, all users should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- They must have their own library card and have had a parent or legal guardian sign an Internet Use Agreement giving them permission to use the Internet.
- They must use a card of a parent, legal guardian or adult family member 18 years old or older.
- Their parent or legal guardian must have given them signed permission on the Internet Use Agreement.
- Despite the use of filtering software, there may be internet resources accessed which are inappropriate. Because the library is a public place, our staff has the authority to end an internet session.
- Black & white prints from computers are 25¢ per page
- Color prints are $1 per page
Print jobs can be sent to Batesburg-Leesville Branch Library, Cayce-West Columbia Branch Library, Chapin Branch Library, Irmo Branch Library, Lexington Main Library, Pelion Branch Library and South Congaree-Pine Ridge Branch Library for release and pickup using our Mobile Printing service.